This policy explains how the personal data the Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Institute collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to learn about our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com
CEQ never sells, rents, or lends e-mail addresses of any of our subscribers to anyone.
Information we collect and store:
- Our contact and “CEQ Snapshot” newsletter subscription forms require users to give us contact information that may include name and email address.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your contact details, name, organization affiliation, and related job information. This includes any email correspondence with CEQ regarding consulting or partnership opportunities.
- If you are invited to or attend a CEQ event, we may collect and store information such as your name and email address and keep a record of your interest in that event and topic.
How we use that information:
- CEQ hosts a mailing list (e.g. “CEQ Snapshot” newsletter). If you subscribe to a CEQ list we may, on occasion, email you information about CEQ news, publications and events. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- If you apply for a consulting position with CEQ we will keep your application materials on file, including any voluntary demographic data you may include with your submission, for up to one year. You may request your application materials be removed at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we store your information:
We will always hold your information securely. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for CEQ.
How long your information is stored for:
The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
If you delete your account or request to be removed from a particular mailing list, your profile is tagged as inactive and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system until the data is deleted at CEQ’s discretion.
Internet Protocol Address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our website. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of “Cookies”
Commitmentoequity.org is an SSL-encrypted site. We protect your subscription information by placing it on a secure portion of our website that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of CEQ. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which CEQ Institute has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.